The impact on Social Media figures in the tourism industry.
– 52% of Facebook users said that the pictures of friends inspire them in deciding the fate of your holiday.
– 85% of those traveling for leisure use your smartphone.
The Social Media has become a mainstay for the tourism sector, in fact plays a key role for the customer to find and book holidays or share opinions, for which social networks have emerged as the essential platform.
But what is the real impact in figures of Social Media?
– Four Pillar Hotels has developed a report with key data that explain the importance of a time this afternoon is the Social Media Sector: –
– The volume of Google searches for ‘Hotels in (name of city)’ has fallen 70% in the last 6 years.
– Now users are turning to sites like Kayak, TripAdvisor and Expedia. –
– 36% of U.S. travelers and 64% of those who are not of that country uses social networks while traveling. –
– 85% of those traveling for leisure uses his smartphone during your breaks.
– Of these, 30% have used an ‘app’ mobile phone to search for a hotel while 29% claim to have done to find a flight. –
– 92% of consumers trust the media, word of mouth and recommendations from friends and family above all other forms of advertising. –
– 70% of consumers think that online comments are the second most reliable form of advertising. –
– 52 percent of Facebook users said that the pictures of friends inspire them in deciding the fate of their vacation. –
– Only 48% of those using social media to plan your holiday maintains its original plans: 33% change of hotel, 7% the destination, the resort chosen by 10% and 5% the airline.
– After the holidays, 46 percent of online travelers leave comments about the selected hotel and 40% of the restaurants you’ve been. –
– In addition to 76% of travelers hanging pictures on a social network.